Professional and Efficient Legal Services
Real Estate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Venture Capital Financing, Foreign Direct Investment, International Business Transactions and Dispute Resolutions.
Generally speaking, the contentious divorce will be granted by the Chinese courts when at least one of following conditions can be satisfied:
– where circumstances causing the alienation of mutual affection exist (so-called “loss of affection”);
– where the spouses have lived separately for over two (2) years because of incompatibility;
– where a spouse has committed bigamy or has cohabited with a third party;
– where a spouse is has committed acts of domestic violence or has otherwise maltreated his/her spouse;
– where a spouse has a long-term gambling or drug addiction;
– where a spouse is declared missing.
As litigated divorce will take longer and cost more to handle than a consensual divorce. Generally speaking, no matter how hopeless the differences may seem, it is almost always a good idea to try and end the marriage through a negotiated divorce settlement.
To get the process started, you should try to have available the following documents:
Work Permit or Foreign Expert Certificate;
Police Registration Forms;
Birth Certificate(s) (for minor children only);
Ownership Certificate(s) (if you own real estate)